Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm so, so, so bad...

I can't believe I haven't posted in over a month...but I have reasons, err,ahh, excuses - you know like computer issues, internet issues, attitude issues...

So, today, we are in Middlebury, IN. Quite far from my last post in Leander, TX.

Here are a few of the highlights from this last month:


In the Austin, TX area, we met up with friends Patsy & Leigh, whom John has known for, oh, about forever. Here they are in front of the Texas State History Museum. The museum was wonderful and I learned so much that I either never learned or forgot from all the years of Texas history we had in school.




We also got together with another long time friend of John's - these men served together in the Army in Germany back in the late '60s. Here are Leigh, Woody Shemwell, and John. The boys had lots of fun talking about their adventures back in the day.


Leigh and Patsy have just bought a beautiful new, BIG house and we spent time "helping" them shop for furniture & brainstorming decorating ideas. What fun to have some GIRL time!

Of course, I can't resist a picture taken quickly from the car window as we drove past THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS:


Then it was off to OKLAHOMA to take care of tax stuff. While there, we stayed at one of our favorite parks, Arcadia Lake in Edmond.

We beat spring by a few weeks, so it was not as green as probably is now, but here are a few pictures to show you why we like it so much:

Posted by Picasa
Next, it's on to Branson, but I'll save that for later.


3 comments:

  1. Long time no hear !!!! Teach me how to do the collage pics when we are in Sedalia.....puh-leeeese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time No hear !!!! Teach me how to do the collage pics when we are in Sedalia........puhleeeeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I posted twice - I'm still learning!
    We'll definitely get together in Sedalia - I hope Molly is there - I still have lots of questions! Anxious to see you again!

    ReplyDelete